Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator stampwithpeg – Christmas Craft Fair Treat Bags : Presents & Pinecones meets Tin of Tags! with Instructions.
I have got an extra craft fair to prepare for now, my daughter Sara is doing a trek next year for Mind, a charity that is close to my daughters and my heart. We have both been unfortunate to suffer from mental illness and know just how important it is to have support and understanding.
Not everyone is lucky enough to have the close support network that we have which is why charities like Mind are invaluable. Part of the preparation Sara needs to do before her trek is raising sponsorship, so we have booked a Christmas Fair at the beginning of December and are busy making things to sell to raise some of this. I am so proud of her for wanting to do this to help others.
I decided to make some treat bags to sell which I am going to fill with little chocolate balls, after all most people like chocolate don’t they! I hope they will be popular.
This treat bag uses just a 6″ x 6″ piece of paper, I have used Presents & Pinecones DSP.
- With right side facing and pattern right way up score at: 2″, 2 7/8″, 4 7/8″ and 5 3/4″.
- Turn paper clockwise and score at: 7/8″, 3 3/4″, 4 1/2″, 5 1/8″ and 5 5/8″.
- Fold and burnish all score lines.
- With right side facing and pattern right way up cut up all score lines to the first horizontal score, cut away the narrow piece on the right and wedge into the small tabs as shown above, (I have shown front and back for a clearer view)
- Place glue/double sided tape (I used fast fuse) along the narrow column (on the right side of the paper), fold in towards centre and bring the other side over and adhere.
- Open up and place the right way up back facing you with tabs facing out, put glue on the two small side tabs and the back tab (thats facing you).
- turn the other way bring the two side tabs in then the back one then lastly the unglued front tab this creates the base.
- Put your chosen filling in, I used 6 chocolate balls.
- Gently run your fingers down the sides then squeeze in at the top as shown.
- With the front facing you fold the sections down from the top, there will be three folds the last score line is not folded but helps the bag sit right. These are held in place with Gold Binder Clips.
For my toppers I used the Tin of Tags stamp set, firstly I stamped the snowflake in Mint Macaron, stamped off first as I only wanted it as a background. I then stamped my sentiment in Cherry Cobbler, there are lots of fab ones so used different for each of these three, I then added a few stars in Delightful Dijon, again stamped off first.
I punched these out using the 1 3/4″ circle punch, I then cut the background using Cherry Cobbler card and the 2″ circle punch, these were glued together and then added to my bags using dimensionals.
Lastly I added 3 strands of twine to each bag clip, Emerald Envy, Cherry Cobbler and Gold, I then tied this in a bow and trimmed the ends
So that’s my first 3 made, now to decide how many more to make I think maybe 50 and fingers crossed they all go 🙂 Lots of other bits to do as well, my hanging treats and Easel Calendars, some cards, gift card holders and tags and anything else I can think of. Wish us luck will let you all know how it went after the fair on 3rd December.
To purchase any of the products featured in my blog or to check out all the gorgeous products in the catalogue click on the links below, this will take you to my shop page.
Remember if you do order, add the hostess code which is shown top right (or at the bottom on mobiles), as at the end of the month I will close off this code and anyone who has used it will get a Stampin’ Up! product in the post from me.
This will not come in with your order as it is directly from me, this is as well as a little thank you card and handmade gift that I send as a thank you each month you order from me just for being a customer, I am so humbled by people choosing me to purchase from and it is my way of trying to show this.
Please make sure you allow contact as if you do not I will not be able to send you this as I wont have your details.
If your order is over £150 please do not use the code as you will get the hostess benefits yourself with your order.